Recommended Reading
  • Mere Christianity and The Screwtape Letters (Complete In One Volume)
    Mere Christianity and The Screwtape Letters (Complete In One Volume)
    by C.S. Lewis
  • Toxic Faith
    Toxic Faith
    by Stephen Arterburn, Jack Felton
  • The Visitation
    The Visitation
    by Frank Peretti
  • Fox's Book of Martyrs
    Fox's Book of Martyrs
    by John Foxe

Discussion > House Rules (Read Me First!)

The religious nature of this blog may (hopefully will) provoke different researched opinions, views, and/or questions. Please feel free to express yourself within the confines that Christ has drawn for His people. If you claim to be a follower of Jesus, keep in mind your brothers and sisters in Christ as you post. Also consider those who know little about Christianity may be reading your posts as well.

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves." Romans 12:10

1. Check your pride at the door, not your brain.

"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us..." Romans 12:3-6

2. Foul language (including taking God's name in vain) will not be tolerated.

3. All discussions are expected to remain intelligent and civil. Flaming (i.e. "yelling", bashing, writing in all CAPS, etc.), insults, and hostile remarks will not be permitted.

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse...Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:14-21

4. Posts are strictly monitored and those deemed inappropriate will be promptly removed.

July 18, 2010 | Registered CommenterA Christian

InfoThis thread has been locked.